Woman Shopping (A Poem)
I created this poem on Mastodon for the MastoPrompt hashtag, but I liked it enough to give it a permanent home here.
She holds in sniffles
At the stares, glares, and comments
The public gauntlet
Out only a year
A lovely trans-femme woman
Living her true self
“You’re beautiful, hon”
He said, while just passing by
“you keep your chin up”.
While looking around,
She notices some others
Giving a thumbs-up
Now wiping her tears
Gathers her armor up and
fills her shopping cart
A smile breaks through.
#sniffles #MastoPrompt #SmallPoems
(what you say to a stranger can make all the difference in the world).
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy.
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.