Small Poems From MastoPrompt November, 2022
I’m re-posting all of my #MastoPrompt poems (mostly Haiku form and limericks) from November here. Hope you like them. Going forward I’ll be posting them per week vs per month.
With warp and weft we
Turn delicate threads into
You’re a sight to see
A vision of loveliness
Do you see yourself?
Death comes in her time
Sudden on cat feet or slow
Before we’re ready
Like mastodon and bird app
finesse is needed
On the daily, we
dissect methodically the
traumas of our pasts
The tapes your parents gave you
Played day and night, subliminal
“Obey us and we’ll save you”
Probably should be criminal.
Says Bird App “we want MORE”
And Zuck App “your data, we implore”
No more I will linger
I give them the finger
And come to Masto, my peace to restore.
(this one has an entire conversation with another poet, that you can see here)
Snow is breathing heavily as it chases the last summer tomatoes.
The crickets have been silent for weeks.
The Christmas cactus is blooming, her orchid blooms a violent assault on her green succulent arms.
Too Soon! I tell her, Too Soon!
But it isn’t, really.
I’m fighting my brain
It’s going against the grain
When most folks find out
what’s underneath the anger
the pain starts healing
Poverty and pain
Are signs pointing the way to
In your haste for fame
are you rejecting love, friends
This is another one that sparked a poetry conversation (viewable here)
(this is one of my favorites)
The AI revolution has come
“What is human?” they cry
Silicon-based life forms,
or organics only?
How many limbs does a human have? And in what configuration?
Can beings without hearts, livers, and genitals be human?
(Of course, they can)
(Of course, they can’t)
Err in the favor of …
The battle begins.
A farmer encountered a fox
creeping up on his poultry flocks
He sat on a stool
thinking “oh, I am a fool”
For leaving the coop without locks
From the free version
We’ll upgrade you to deluxe
It just costs a soul
(this one inspired a LONG poetry conversation that was eventually published here)
Embellish the lie
with bells, whistles, and hatred
Don’t fret, they’ll buy it.
Absolutely no pressure
Only two days left
Barren tree limbs call
“Dress us with snow, O winter!”
And we will slumber
That’s All For This Post
Drop me a line and let me know which poems are your favorite and why (because of the nature of human rights and mental health work, I do moderate every comment, but still encourage them)
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy. (The Etsy shop is temporarily closed. The same items are available at my Goodies and Gear shop)
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.