Poems For That Busy Third Week of December
These poems are created over on Mastodon using the #MastoPrompt word of the day that Tanweer Dar sets up for anyone to use. I try to usually link my poems to either mental health, human rights, or both, but sometimes I fail. This week’s poems are a bit of a mixed bag. I hope you enjoy them.
A good bout of tears
will always be cathartic
but also, vomit.
Neutrality is not useful in a tug-of-war between power and rights.
Power vacuums it up, claims it, and uses it to blow rights away.
(I’m not sure that was really a poem, but…)
But it’s just an inch
Promise. It’ll be a cinch
Just some rights from here, and
your dreams and career and…
Oh, stop it! why did you flinch?
Hey, kid, what’s your name?
Are you hungry? Cold? Tired?
Have a hot dinner.
No, there’s no sermon
There’s a warm, safe place to sleep.
No longer homeless.
So the Bird site still emits
fart sounds from its armpits
Frankly, I don’t give two shits
I’m just glad I called it quits
Poe’s bells tinkle and ring,
alarum and groan
of birth and weddings
and lives lived and gone
From the day we are born
to the day that we die
his bells, they forewarn
each hello and goodbye
(I can’t compete with Edgar Allen Poe’s The Bells so I thought I’d reference it instead.)
All choices come with loss
We should always ask ourselves
Was it worth the gain?
That’s it for this week:
If you want to participate, join a Mastodon server that is federated with Tanweer Dar‘s server (most of them) and take the plunge.
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy.
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.