Poems for December 2022- Two Weeks In
Here are this week’s #SmallPoems from the #MastoPrompt tag on Mastodon. As always, thanks go to Tanweer Dar for creating the prompts every day. I am in the process (about 2 weeks behind) of turning all of the poems into sharable pictures. As always, poems or not, fiction or not, my work largely centers around mental health and human rights themes.
Plummeting through infinity
Questions of masculinity and femininity
No longer remain
as we strive to attain
The long-promised goal of divinity
Your wiles and flattery
fall short. I’m immune.
It is easy to
get frozen in the moment
before making change
She pulled the chair out from under me
As I cried she laughed at the joke.
Everyone joined in.
She was charming, she was.
Fifty years later, my tailbone is still broken.
The pain still lingers.
I asked my dad about it once, long after she was dead.
“She wasn’t abusive, honey.
She was just capricious”.
Ring around a Rosie
A pocket full of poesy
I refused the vaccine
Due to memes I had seen
Gee, this grave is awfully cozy.
Turn a blizzard into bliss
A safe place to rest your head
Enough to keep you warm and fed
A friend who shares your company
A cat, a book, and cup of tea.
Do you want to reciprocate?
That depends: It’s the consummate
“Perhaps- let’s meditate”
Maybe reciprocate if they want to
Or not if they want to
And that’s all for now
Try to use the days and hours you’re given to find ways to enjoy and appreciate life and make life better for yourself and others whenever you can, and when you can’t, remember to ask for the help you need. You deserve happiness, safety, and love.
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy.
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.