(CN: Sexual Assault.)
Have you tried it? Brain to brain? Here. Let me show you.
There, now you don’t have to go up the network and back.
Just me and you, bluetooth’d.
C’mon. It’ll be fun.
Relax. Why are you resisting?
Look! Your head is nodding.
You smiled at me, you said yes.
Dance with me.
I said, dance with me.
Wait. What? What is happening?
What’s this? I can’t move!
I can’t move!
Why are you smiling?
I can’t make you stop smiling.
I can’t make you stop smiling!
Why am I laughing?
You’re laughing at me using my mouth.
How did you do this?
How am I in your body?
I didn’t know the connection could do this.
Oh, you’re a software engineer? Oh?
What the hell is the consent circuit?
Oh, you’re the software engineer that developed it?
No, please don’t!
Is this a dream or real?
What do you mean, “remember”?
You remember this? This happened to you?
I know them. I know all of them.
Oh god, oh god. That’s me. That’s me.
Please, make it stop.
I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry.
What is the meaning of this?
I was just having a little fun.
It was only a joke.
What do you mean, I confessed?
Oh. Oh shit.
(The idea for this story or prose poem or whatever it is came from this article in Salon magazine.)
And here is a counterpart to Bluetooth’d:
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy. (The Etsy shop is temporarily closed. The same items are available at my Goodies and Gear shop)
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.