Human Rights Day What One Thing Would You Change
Human Rights are a Dilemma for Everyone
Today, in honor of Human Rights Day, instead of solving an individual dilemma, I have a different idea. What is one issue that is considered “human rights” that you devote a lot of time and energy to and why? What would be an ideal outcome for your efforts?
My Chosen Human Rights Improvement:
I had to think long and hard on this one, because there are so many issues under the umbrella of human rights that are near and dear to my heart. So I focused on finding one action that could lift as many people as possible from abject poverty. Here it is:
Limit all executives at businesses to making 25x the annual salary plus benefits of their lowest-paid full-time worker.
If the executive wants to make more money, they have to raise the pay for those at the bottom of the scale. It largely doesn’t affect small businesses, because typically the CEOs of small businesses don’t make more than 25x their lowest-paid employees. The number is based on what actual executive pay vs entry pay used to be in the 1950s and 1960s when the US had a robust middle class.
Will it solve every problem in the world and erase poverty? No. Would it have a huge impact? Yes.
https://youtu.be/nmonzMvYVSE (video link)
What Specific Issue Would You Tackle And How Would You Change It?
- What are your ideas?
- Human rights include things like:
- Poverty eradication
- Rights for LGBTQIA+ folk
- Disability rights
- Climate change action
- Pro-democracy issues
- Issues of law enforcement and justice
- Equal access issues.
Which one(s) of these do you want to work on?
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy. (The Etsy shop is temporarily closed. The same items are available at my Goodies and Gear shop)
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.
- Grief Hit Harder Than Planned
- A Slight Delay
- Monday Poems January 2023 Week 2
- Emotional Discomfort Is Your Problematic Friend
- Starting The New Year With A New Batch Of Poems