Grief Hit Harder Than Planned
First my dad died, and I grieved. In the middle of that, I had another loss that affected me greatly, and I grieved again. Months of successful regular creative work went by the wayside. I’m starting to emerge, but the process is fragile at best. My thought is to add my (other) hyperfixations to this website in addition to mental health and human rights. So in addition to poetry, DnD maps and background for my homebrew world, content on knitting, gardening, occasional cooking, and whatever else fascination of the week (including video games and new tech) comes to mind.
Living with a neurodiverse brain means navigating hyperfixations, so maybe this will be a way to model that in a way that appeals to people. I like having this space way over here on an open source platform (WordPress) away from the political and economic decisions of Mssrs Musk and Zuckerberg. Also, and, I might also put up some of my TikTok videos over here.
Anyhow, I’m on a sick day from work this morning and don’t have the energy to write much more, but I’m alive and relatively well and hopefully back to producing regular content.
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy. (The Etsy shop is temporarily closed. The same items are available at my Goodies and Gear shop)
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.