Early December Poems 2022- Fall is Falling
Each of the poems in this post was written for #MastoPrompt, which is a writing challenge on the Mastodon Fediverse. The prompter gives a word, and each poet or short story writer uses that word or concept in the work they create in the space of a 500-character post on Mastodon. The creator of MastoPrompt is Tan (Tanweer Dar). Go give him a follow.
A lot of what I write for these is haiku, poems in haiku form that are not haiku because they don’t reference seasons or the natural world, limericks, and free verse. Occasionally I write I bit of doggerel that doesn’t fit any of these categories, and even more occasionally a sonnet. I hope you enjoy them.
Ah, the mouthfeel is
So crisp, flaky, custardy
lovely pumpkin pie.
When your palette of
feelings grows black with anger
It all looks the same.
Some podcasters have no capacity
For service, honor, or veracity
They just trade in hate
And those they can bait
To sell ads to rubes with pugnacity
With a stroke of luck
An ordinary person
Looking behind them
They only see their hard work
Not their good fortune
They toss some change
To unfortunate people
“I’m better than them”
But fortune changes
And treasure evaporates
You are not, in fact
Back to the hustle.
Everything is artificial
and everything is real
When you can wrap your brain around this dialectical
T-t-that’s all, folks
I switched from monthly to weekly this week, so this is all the poems for this week. I’ll have more next week. Occasionally I miss a day, but usually there will be seven for you.
Ways To Support My Work
- Read other articles on this website (examples below)
- Then, leave a comment or dozens of them. (Comments are moderated to protect the guilty.)
- Buy and use an item from my Goodies and Gear shop here or on Etsy.
- Follow me on WordPress so you never miss a post! (form below this list)
- Make a one-time gift through Paypal
- Or a recurring gift through Liberapay and Patreon.
- Follow me on other sites where I’m engaging in conversation from my All the Links page.
- Help me reach my goal of retiring or semi-retiring from providing therapy within the next 10-15 years.
- Help other creators whose goals are aligned with mine.
- Support 3rd party ad-free content with small donations for creators when and how you can.